Ministry of Foresty Sent Letter To Aceh Governor Re Tripa Peat Swamp | KOMPAS
Ichwan Susanto | Marcus Suprihadi
JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com- Indonesian Ministry of Forestry sent a letter to the Aceh Governor in order to have details on the permit issued by the former governor, Irwandi Yusuf, on 1,605 ha to PT Kalista Alam. The respond from the current governor will be utilised as a base either to re-inlude the area into or to keep the area excluded from the moratorium map.
“We have asked the Governor, whether the permit for PT Kalista Alam is a new permit or an extension,” said Bambang Soepijanto, Director General for Forest Planology of the Ministy of Forestry on Saturday in (19/5/2012) Jakarta.
If the permit for the 1,605 ha in Tripa Peat Swamp (part of Leuser Ecosystem) is a new permit, then the former Aceh Governor Irwandi Yusuf did not apply the Presidential Instruction No. 10/2011 forbidding any issuance of permit starting May 2011.
If it is an extension permit, while plantation and location permit are issued, Bambang declared not to be able to re-include in the moratorium map.
The urgency for the Ministry of Forestry to re-include the 1,605 ha of Tripa Peat Swamp comes from the community, NGOs and the Presidential Working Unit for Development Supervision and Control (UKP4).
- The Case of Tripa Peat Swamp: Entry Point To Revision Of Moratorium Map | KOMPAS (endoftheicons.wordpress.com)
- Clearing of Tripa Peat Swamp Forest Threatening Orangutan | Koran Tempo (endoftheicons.wordpress.com)
- Regency head calls for stop to palm oil development in contested peat forest in Indonesia (endoftheicons.wordpress.com)
- Actor of Violation in Tripa To Be Prosecuted (endoftheicons.wordpress.com)
- Walhi, REDD task force fight forest clearing – The Jakarta Post (endoftheicons.wordpress.com)